It’s been how long? The Royals’ take on a year of Coronavirus
A year ago we set The Royals a task to creatively respond to coronavirus. Exactly 12 months on, we’ve set a new Royals challenge — respond to the statement “coronavirus is now like … ‘. Here’s what we came up with.
Coronavirus is now like…
Nervous as … it ain’t over yet.
- James from Finance
In one COVID-19 year I’ve…
- Spent 23 hours on the phone to Telstra being a crazy Karen.
- Gone through 200 rolls of toilet paper (don’t worry, I live with 5 others.
- Played over 100 games of Catan before landing on the winning strategy (no wheat = defeat).
- Spent 252 of the 356 days talking to my creative partner (on ya, Iz).
- Mapped out many imaginary holidays, including 1 to space.
- Formed an unhealthy obsession with McFlurries (Oreo + M&m + caramel sauce = the shiz).
- Had many epiphanies, like that 1.5 metres is the equivalent to the length of my body, minus my head.
- Scrolled through 100km of pointless but equally amusing TikTok vids.
- Walked every street in Parkville.
- Spent 1 too many Saturdays nights at home, on the couch, rewatching the The Twilight Saga (which has aged just as well as you would think).
- Listened to an embarrassing amount of the ‘Comments by Celebs’ podcast.
- Angrily muttered ‘how the f*#@ do I get out of here’ each time I visited IKEA.
- Successfully attended several meetings in my pink fluffy onesie.
- Discovered that ROSES (the Imanbek Remix obvs) was my no.1 Spotify track (#noregreats it’s a banger).
- Finally embraced Crocs as a wardrobe staple (it’s only taken me 25 years).
- Had several meaningful exchanges with Schapelle Corby over Insta DMs.
- Proudly raised a Sourdough starter.